- You Are Here:
- Feature Links
- Police Explorers
Are You Interested in Exploring a Career in Law Enforcement?
The Explorer program is a program offered by the Colton Police Department through the Boy Scouts of America. The program is open to youth between the ages of 14-21 who are interested in a career such as Police Officer, Detective, Border Patrol, Coroner, Emergency Dispatcher and many more. The Explorer program is designed to give students an inside look into the exciting and challenging career of Law Enforcement. Explorers participate in police and public safety dispatch related training as well as participate in explorer competitions, ride-a-longs with police personnel, firearms training, community service events, physical fitness and field trips. Explorers are exposed to the importance of ethics, discipline, and teamwork which gives them the leadership skills and confidence they can use for the rest of their life.
- 14-21 years of age
- No past criminal history
- 2.0 GPA and graduated from 8th grade. Explorers must be in good standings at home, school, and in the community. Explorers will be held accountable to a higher standard than their peers, much as members of Law Enforcement.
- Obtain an Explorer Application from the link below or from the Police Department
- Fill out and turn in application to the Police Department
- Attend 3 meetings.
- Oral Interview with senior explorers
- Background investigation will be conducted
Explorer Application - If you are interested in being a Police Explorer, fill out an application, print it off, and return it to our Police Department.